High in accuracy and precision, a DXA scan is a more comprehensive way to measure body composition compared to other methods on the market. DXA measures:
- Lean muscle - the "engine" that burns fat
- Total and regional fat mass
- Total body bone density
- Visceral fat - great for assessing risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and hich cholesterol
DXA scans are an excellent tool for all aspects of your health.
- Establish a baseline of body components prior to weight loss program
- Monitor fitness with a series of measurements over time.
- Rehabilitation - monitor return of region muscle mass after recovering from an injury or joint replacement
- A great tool for individuals who have had bariatric surgery to monitor what body components are losing fat